Thursday, August 26, 2010

When Seasons Change.

Fall is so soon! And I am so excited for everything that is to come in this next season. I absolutely love everything about fall. The leaves changing colors of orange and red, the pumpkin and cinnamon spices that fill our drinks, food and homes, and the warmth of heavier clothes on a breezy afternoon. It’s all so wonderful! Something about fall signifies change to me. Perhaps it’s the starting of a new school year, or maybe it’s the changes in nature. But either way it’s a new start, a fresh and exciting change- one that most of us anticipate with great joy.

However, there is a different perspective to the change of fall. School, for many, especially you college students, is not always a “joyful” change. And for many, the shortening of days only makes life seem to go by too quickly. There are negative aspects that can seep to turn a fun change rotten…
I’m beginning to see that change and times of transitions will always have their ups and downs. As a recent college grad, I am finding myself feeling purposeless and alone. A friend of mine recently pointed out how much sense that makes because when you put it into perspective, we spent four sometimes five years devoted to our sole purpose of studying and getting good grades, and now what do we do? My life has drastically changed. I moved into a new house with no roommates. I work a 9 to 5 job. I am not active in a sorority, campus ministry, or any extracurricular clubs. My nights end around the same time as my 82 year old grandmother…. Wow my life has done a complete 180. But within this change there has got to be a beautiful changing leaf, or a comforting cozy feel about something.

Change is often a good thing. Change signifies maturity and growth. We must change in order to become the women we are allowing God to make us into. Though it may seem scary it is a part of life that we can be excited. There is a reason why the leaves change in this season, and a reason why you may be experiencing discomfort in the new “season” of your life. Hang in there sister! Something good can come from all of this changing.

Sometimes when writing, I am reminded that often, when you are sharing/ teaching something, God just continues to make you go through it yourself. Well, I started this entry because I felt like God had been helping me to see how much he is changing me, and who I am and where I am in life for a great purpose.. But today He has continued to tell me this lesson is not over…

I came across a few definitions that we as women of God should be aware of. First is Salvation- it is a done thing. You accept that Christ is your savior, and the decision is final.

But the second key definition is Sanctification- which is a life long process of changing from one end of glory to another. We will be molded and changed constantly. If our hearts are ready, God will continue to change them- and it is a GOOD thing!

Sometimes it takes a move, a different job, a week of solitude, or a new obstacle for us to see our lives in a different perspective. How are you seeing the changes in your life as a growth opportunity? They are out there..and sometimes it may not be until after the next season that you realize how much you learned and now appreciate the changes from the one before.



For a Change… Try treating yourself to something sweet and delicious!
My suggestions are:
  • A Cinnamon Dolce Latte @ Starbucks (and smell the aroma’s of fall)
  • A piece of Dove chocolate (the “promises” are only an extra added bonus)
  • The red velvet cheesecake @ The Cheesecake Factory (my favorite)
  • A night with good friends and great conversation! (my choice)

Eat, Drink and Be transformed by Change!
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Sarah!! This was so great. Thanks for blogging. It's really encouraging:)

    ReplyDelete