Thursday, September 2, 2010

Don't believe those lies!

Sometimes my thoughts decide to just run wild. Recently I have allowed my thoughts and feelings to take the steering wheel of my life and greatly affect if not decide my daily choices. Now I know a lot of you may want to check out here because you got this message… “take captive your thoughts”… “don’t listen to the lies”… “ allow the spirit to change your actions”… but really have we gotten the message? Or better yet, do we get it, but actually need to hear it over and over and over... I mean that advice is TRUTH! We as humans especially women are thinkers. We have the ability to express our emotions through a process that is sometimes a very scary one. But sometimes we must stop it in its tracks, when that process begins to suck life from our hearts. Did you get that, our thoughts have the ability to suck out the life from our precious hearts.


Right now I am at a point in my life where the thoughts won’t stop. Well to be honest it’s that monthly time, and it gets me good. I am miserable, in pain and emotional and all I want is chocolate. And everyday I am faced with multiple circumstances that push me to the edge. But the hardest part of it all is the fact that my mental state is not normal. I know I am not me and I can’t stand it. I think negatively of myself, of my relationships and of my life... And ladies, I know I am not alone! Wheather you experience this once a month or everyday, know it is a scheme of the devil.

I know that we as women often think that it’s inevitable to feel that your body isn’t good enough, you aren’t talented, or your husband doesn’t love you how he should. But that isn’t true; you can help fight these lies and inaccurate thoughts.

Since I am always struggling with the things I write about I want to share with you what I have learned and am trying to practice myself. We can fight it together!

So next time one of these thoughts seep into the cracks first acknowledge it. Don’t ignore it because wheather or not people tell you it’s a lie, doesn’t matter. It’s in your head and you need to admit that, in order to change it. THEN you can tell yourself, this isn’t true… and you will know its not true because you will continue to grow in truth the more you spend time knowing God and His character. So knowing scripture that combats you’re repeating lies (which I highly suggest), is a number one solution!
If your lies pertain to others, remembering scripture such as Galatians 1:10 really helps to put into perspective why you’re allowing this thought to threaten you. “Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.”

But in addition to God’s truth you need to know the truth of your relationships: your mother in law does think you are good enough, and your best friend does care about your life, you can trust your husband because he does love you. Know where you stand, and who you are and you will be able to acknowledge lies when they come up.

Affirm yourself that these thoughts are lies, and instantly pray about it.

Don’t continue to let the thought bring forth more negativity, don’t sit there and analyze situations, and make up fake scenarios when you know the truth.

My dear friends we can’t do this alone. But with prayer and continued attention to our hearts the Lord will continue to transform us. Trust that He has the ability to overcome your thoughts. Continue to Seek His word and His character!



Some verses to look up:
Romans 12:2
2 Corinthians 10:5
Psalm 139
Psalm 45:11



Well I never thought that people would actually enjoy one of my recipes, but here is one I am making this weekend, try it out!

Yummy Potato salad
  • 2 pounds of Red potatoes
  • 2 celery stalk
  • 1 onion
  • 5 hard boiled eggs
  • 2 cups of mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon of vinegar
  • 1 pound of cooked bacon
  • Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste


Scrub potatoes and boil. Allow them to cool completely for a few hours. Finely chop the celery and onion and combine in a bowl with vinegar salt and pepper and garlic, allow mixture time to sit to marinade. Chop the hardboiled eggs and cooled potatoes into chunks. Then combine vegetable mixture, egg, mayonnaise, potatoes, and bacon crumbled. Add additional salt and pepper to taste. And enjoy!



Eat, drink and be transformed by truth!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment