Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Add some spice to your life

I’ve always dreamed of being the kind of person, who gets to travel and see the world. To just pick up and leave- ready for an adventure, hiking up mountains and surfing the coast. Tasting the cultures across the globe and always doing something spontaneous…. That would be the life…

Except there is something about having a nine to five job that makes this dream inconceivable. Instead my life consists of a repeated daily routine. It’s hard to imagine ways you can spice up your life, when it appears to be monotonous and just average…

While sitting at my desk hearing the clicking of what has to be the loudest clock possible, I often think the only way to experience life is by living vicariously through others, but now reality has set in…The “abundant life” that we often think of does not have to be full of outdoor adventures, elaborate events, or expensive outings. I have been struggling with understanding how my life is more than adequate and over sufficient. And God couldn’t help but remind me, it’s not about what I do that classifies my life as worthy or having purpose. However once I come to accept and realize regardless my life does have purpose and I can still find ways to enjoy and savor every moment of it adventurously!

Even though my job does not entail me traveling and changing the world, I still have a purpose. And purpose exists outside of adventure. Mine is to love and serve God in whatever job, house, and relationship he puts me in. And my serving Him in that consists of understanding and trusting that I am here for a reason...and that my joy should not be circumstantial.

Though adventure and excitement is something that can come from any life. We can all experience adventure even in the confines of our budget, location and resources. Perhaps experiencing a life of excitement is more about perspective and mentality. In order to see how I can spice up my life, I must better understand my purpose.

I challenge you all to think about your purpose today-and realize you have one! Once you do, go ahead and find a way to spice up your life. Try something new, talk to a stranger, aquire a hobby. But no matter what enjoy the life you have!

And try this spicy recipe.

Buffalo Chicken Dip
  • 1 Package of Cream cheese
  • 1 bottle of Ranch or Blue cheese dressing
  • 1 small bottle of Frank’s hot sauce
  • 4 boneless chicken breasts
  • ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
Boil the chicken until cooked. Shred with two forks by pulling apart. Mix cream cheese, ranch, hot sauce and chicken in a bowl. Pour mixture into a small casserole dish, sprinkle cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted. Serve with slices of hard Italian loaf, crackers, or tortilla chips. enjoy!


Eat, drink, and be transformed by His purpose!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment